We start the day with a guided tour through the Chagall Museum in Cimiez, one of the most beautiful quarters of Nice. While admiring the stunning large scale paintings, I will introduce you to his life, his work and especially the time he spent on the French Riviera.
Then we will continue our tour to Marc Chagall’s favorite village, where he has spent the last 30 years of his long life: Saint Paul de Vence
St Paul is today one of the most visited villages in France. Already from the distance you can see the solid ramparts of the 16th century that surround it and make it very impressive. Follow me through the narrow alleys where Marc Chagall used to find his inspiration and where today many artists from all around the world come and follow his example. Saint Paul is by the way also the place where Chagall is buried
We will have lunch in St Paul in a very charming local Restaurant and then continue to the nearby town of Vence for a special local dessert and to admire one of Chagall’s beautiful mosaics.
I hope that at the end of this tour, you will appreciate the artist and his work as much as I do.
- Typical duration is between 7 and 8 hours
- For 2 to 6 people. The price starts from 520€
What is included
- The services of an Official Licensed Guide throughout.
- Transportation in a comfortable Mercedes Minivan
- Pickup / drop off at your Hotel / Accommodation
- All tolls where appropriate
What is excluded
- Lunch and all refreshments
- The entrance fee to the Chagall Museum
If you would like to join me for this tour, please complete the enquiry form below. I will provide you with a formal quotation, along with booking conditions information.